The International Association for Blended Learning (IABL) is proud to organize its 4th World Conference on Blended Learning (WCBL 2019), this time in collaboration with the Center for Educational Innovation at Zayed University (ZU), Dubai, UAE. The conference organizers cordially invite researchers, trainers, teachers, professors, administrators, and technology experts to present the latest blended learning solutions, as well as discuss and exchange recent findings and new ideas based on the ongoing research, practice, and experience. We invite contributions from around the globe, from all industries and all educational sectors.
We are inviting submissions of high-quality, original research papers (full and short papers) and abstracts presenting blended learning practical solutions that have not been previously published and are not under review for any other conference or journal. Submissions will be reviewed by at least two committee members on the originality of the work, the validity of the results, chosen methodology and strategies, writing quality and the overall contribution to the field of blended learning. WCBL 2019 is a blended conference and invites both face-to-face and virtual presenters.
The overarching conference themes are:
- Blended Learning Technologies and Tools in Learning and Training
- Blended Learning in Primary, Secondary, High Schools, and Higher Education
- Government and Corporate Training
Topics of interest can go beyond the conference themes, and can be based on any of the following:
- Blended learning in practice
- Design, pedagogy, and future of blended learning
- Technology in blended learning
- Blended approach to corporate training and non-profit associations
- Blended learning in language acquisition and special education
- Blended learning in K-12, higher education and teacher professional development
- Blended learning in developing countries
We are inviting submissions of high-quality, original research to the Research track of WCBL 2019. We are looking for novel and significant research contributions addressing theoretical, analytical and empirical aspects of blended learning. Submissions to the research track should describe original, significant research on blended learning, and are expected to provide some principled means of evaluation. Specifically, all papers should include evaluations of the described approaches.
The Application/Industry track of WCBL 2019 is a forum for high-quality presentations on innovative applications and technological solutions enabling successful implementation of blended learning. These include, but are not limited to, technology for blended learning; the application of the blended learning approach across various levels of education from K-12 to university; and the application of blended approaches in corporate training.
The Graduate Symposium aims at building a worldwide community of doctoral students who are working on blended learning. It will also promote interactions among students and researchers from academia and industry. The WCBL 2019 Graduate Symposium will, therefore, offer to doctoral and master’s students from developed and developing countries, an opportunity to interact with renowned and experienced researchers in the field. Experienced researchers in blended learning will discuss their ongoing research with the graduate students.
Submissions may be made in the following participation/presentation categories:
- Long paper (3500-5000 words)
- Short paper (2000-3000 words)
- Panel (abstract of 500 words)
- Posters (abstract of 400-500 words)
- Industry showcases/Practitioners presentation (abstract of 400-500 words)
Virtual presentations can be delivered by those who cannot attend the conference in person but whose submissions have been accepted for WCBL 2019, in keeping with the Submission Guidelines. Each virtual presentation consists of three elements:
- Pre-recorded video presentation;
- Presentation file (e.g., Power Point slides);
- Live presenter-audience chat via Skype (10 -15 minutes).
Virtual presenters are required to submit their proposal using the same guidelines as face-to-face presenters. All sessions are moderated by a session chair to ensure optimal interaction between the virtual presenter and the audience.
- Submission deadline: 15 January 2019
- Accept/Reject notification: 28 February 2019
- Print-ready submission of all papers and handouts: 25 March 2019
- Conference: 25 – 27 April 2019
We hope to see you in Dubai!
The WCBL 2019 Organizing Committee